Website copywriting services may make you feel uncertain at first. Like any art form, writing is subjective. Instead of black and white, most business owners and marketing managers see indistinguishable shades of grey. But these services possess a commercial imperative as one key element. Most other forms of art don’t.
Website copywriting services are driven through the realities of the copywriter’s audience and business market. Copywriting services also have very defined objectives and parameters. These determine how the copywriter works and the kind of material they produce.
Copywriters love to write. But they don’t have interest to write about toilet paper and real-estate. Website copywriters write because it is their job.
There are two primary commercial realities for website copywriting services. And unless you ignore them, your job will take longer. It becomes more frustrating and less engaging. Then you earn less money.
Website copywriting services: ensuring your website is both reader and search engine friendly
- Your website copywriter has to write for two broad audiences: human and computer. Most websites rely on search engines for traffic. This introduces a number of complexities because these audiences want different things.
- Less is generally more. But with computers, more is more. Humans need to understand fewer words better while search engines are programmed to have a lot of keywords to be ranked highly. Website copywriting services must balance these conflicting requirements. Your copywriter will work faster and more efficiently. Don’t demand too few words nor too many.
- Avoid less than 100 words per page or more than 300 words. That is if your site needs both humans and search engines. Generally, somewhere in the middle is a nice compromise for both audiences.
- Search engines are not smart. But they are relevant to your site. So, it is need to be told repeatedly. Humans dislike repeated words whereas search engines do. They will understand from your heading what you say and if it’s relevant. Mention it once, and they will generally remember.
- Don’t ask your website copywriter to be a minimalist. The trick is to expect each page to repeat one or two primary keyword phrases 5 to 10 times. The search engines won’t like it. Also, don’t ask them to simply jam every page full of hundreds of your primary keyword phrases. Human readers won’t like it.
- Have a clear understanding of the objective of each page before website copywriting services start. You will get much better product with less time consuming iterations. Instead of balancing human and computer requirements.
They deal with audiences, features, benefits, products and services
In website copywriting services, good copywriters may be able to draw them out from you. However, they won’t be able to accurately and comprehensively identify them alone. These include consistently engaging with readers. Also, identifying the advantages of service.
- Make a list of what you do and to whom you do it for. Write the benefits they might gain before you engage with website copywriting services. Your job will cost more if you want to increase the sales.
- A good website is written around benefits. It is the web copywriting services’ inspiration. Customers are only interested on how you can benefit them. So, “but what does it benefit to your customer?” You will definitely thank them for asking though.
- Don’t confuse features with benefits. A feature is what you do or how you do it. Benefits are the advantages to the customer. Your list should make a clear distinction between the two. This will save your copywriter a lot of time and save you a lot of money. Most importantly, website copywriting services will help you earn a lot of money. This is because your website will become more engaging.
- Website copywriting is an art form. Because it’s an art form with a commercial foundation, it can be understood by anyone in business. When you understand the commercial realities of the services, the grays of the art form will begin to be more like the familiar black and white of the nine-to-five. Then, will you be able to make the most of your Website copywriting services.