RSS websites may give you an impression that it is hard and too technical. But it really isn’t. In fact, it is just a simple concept that needs a little reading.
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. It is a format used for web syndication. The aim is to make available web content in an easy and universally understandable version. Essentially, it is a database where you will find headlines and a quick summary of the article. This can be in a form of a description with a line or two. The descriptions have respective links that will direct to the full version of the article when clicked.
These stories are found in a website aptly called RSS websites. Basically, these RSS websites have RSS feeds that you can easily recognize with its attractive graphics. Tagged ‘RSS’ or ‘XML’, you’ll see them in orange rectangles on the websites.
Will RSS Websites be Helpful to you?
The answer is yes. RSS websites which have RSS feeds are popular to internet users. Why? Because they make it easier for them to find stories that are relevant and interesting to them. They remain updated because of the RSS feeds. They can do this without having to waste time browsing stories that they do not prefer to read. RSS readers update regularly so any user can take advantage of the latest stories each time the feeds are refreshed.
For any user who spends only valuable time online, RSS feeds are some great help! They do not need to block unwanted users. This spares you from being totally filtered or being marked as “spam”.
In the meantime, for internet marketers, RSS websites are proven in the fields of:
- Business blogging
- Digital PR
- SEO and SEM
- Online advertising
- Email marketing
How to Set Up RSS Feeds?
Are you ready to set up your RSS websites? If your answer is yes, then you better start now with the following steps:
- Convert your web content, articles or news stories in RSS feed format: XML or RSS. You may also look for feeds that are ready-made. You can find these in many resources on the Internet.
- Click the orange icon. The icon symbolizes the RSS feed. Jot down the URL of the feed.
- In your RSS feed creation tool, enter the URL of the feed.
- You will see the “Generate Feed” button. Click on this to start generating the RSS code.
- Go to your website. Locate where you can enter this code so that the RSS feed starts to appear on your site.
Now that you have your RSS websites, it’s time to publish your content. RSS readers or RSS aggregators will display these stories on other websites that display RSS feeds and headlines.