Freecorder is a free program which allows you to capture all types of web video, audio and music from inside your browser. Have you ever wished that you could capture a neat video or audio clip from the Internet? With Freecorder, you can do the following with Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer:
- Get your favorite videos from popular video sites such as YouTube.
- Record any audio and convert it into an MP3 file.
- Record the activity on your screen and save it as a video (screen capture videos).
- Convert and save audio & video files in a variety of popular formats.
How do I get started with Freecorder?
Getting started with Freecorder is simple. All you need to do is the following:
- Go to the website freecorder.com.
- Find and click on the ‘Download Free’ icon.
- Click ‘Run’ and Install the program.
- That’s it! All of the Freecorder tools will now appear inside of your browser.
How do I save YouTube videos with Freecorder?
Freecorder allows you to capture YouTube videos. This is great when you want to watch them without need for Internet connection. Just do the following:
- Select and play your chosen video from the YouTube website.
- Find and select the YouTube icon from the Freecorder toolbar; this will cause the YouTube video downloader to appear.
- Choose the format that you would like to use to record and save your video.
- Once the download has finished, the Freecorder Video window will appear.
Want to convert the video that you have just recorded? That’s easy. All you have to do is locate the drop down arrow. This is found next to your downloaded video which displays more options. Select ‘convert’. This brings the file into the converter application. Need to pause your recording? All you need to do is click the On and Off switch.
How do I record MP3 audio with Freecorder?
Freecorder allows you to capture any audio within your browser:
- First, click on the Audio Recorder button on the freecorder toolbar to make the audio recorder window appear.
- Click on the ‘Start’ slider; once you have done so, start playing the audio you wish to record.
- Once you are finished, click on the ‘Stop’ slider.
- If you want to change the file name, click on ‘Properties’ located on the drop down menu. Then click OK.
How do I convert video and audio files with Freecorder?
Converting audio and video files is very straightforward on Freecorder. All you need to do is:
- Select the Convert button from the Freecorder toolbar
- To add files, click on the Add Items icon
- Once you have added the files, click on the Conversion Setting icon to choose the desired format
- Click the Start slider to convert; if you want to cancel the conversion, just click Stop
How do I make screen capture videos?
Most people know how to capture a shot of your computer screen, but you need Freecorder to capture a video. Here is what you need to do:
- Select the Screen recorder button
- You can do one of two things: i) drag the cross hairs icon on the video which is currently playing on the browser or ii) you can choose one of the options located on the drop down menu. For the latter option, you must choose between select video in browser, default selection or select full screen.
- Start capturing by clicking ‘Start’ and when you’re done, click ‘Stop’
For more information about Freecorder, please go to this website: http://freecorder.com/fc6/?src=freecorder.com.